mariannie photoblog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Portraits

Pretty in Pink: 2/6/11 5:00 p.m. Rexburg, ID F/4.5 1/60 sec; Portrait mode; Canon EOS
Gamer: 2/6/11 6:05 p.m. Rexburg, ID; f/5.6 1/60 sec; portrait mode; Canon EOS My image of someone in their environment. She loves this game.
Litha: 2/6/11 5:47 p.m. Rexburg, ID; f/4.5 1/60 sec; portrait mode; Canon EOS
Little Family: 2/6/11 6: 45 p.m. Rexburg, ID, f/3.5 1/60 sec Portrait mode; Canon EOS More than one person.

This project was the hardest for me so far. I'm not the best at bossing people around and telling them how to pose or dress. My idea was that the more I tell them how to look the less they are like themselves. Which could be true but maybe I could have gotten some better shots if I had taken more control.

2 comments:

  1. Your portraits turned out really well. The composition of the first and third photos are great. Those just feel good to look at. The colors are very vibrant, and the pictures have life to them. The last photo turned out great because the mood is relaxed and their expressions feel candid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the your shot of the cross eyed baby is pretty much the coolest. I crack up every time that I see it. I really like your compositions in all your portraits, you did really well with that.

    ReplyDelete