mariannie photoblog

Monday, January 17, 2011

color


The color I chose was blue.


Water Pump;1/16/11 9:07 a.m. Rexburg, ID, f 5.6; 1/4000 sec; Canon EOS Rebel T2i

Leaf; 1/16/11 9:00 a.m. Rexburg, ID; f 5.6 1/1000 sec; Canon EOS Rebel T2i
Under the Table; 1/16/11 8:45 a.m. Rexburg, ID; f 5.6 1/500 sec; Canon EOS Rebel T2i Shallow Depth of Field
Picnic Table; 1/16/11 8:30 a.m. Rexburg, ID; f 4.0 1/3999 sec; Canon EOS Rebel T2i
Post Register; 1/16/11 8:04 a.m. Rexburg, ID; f 5.6 1/80 sec; Canon EOS Rebel T2i Deep depth of field.
Tunnel; 1/16/11 8:56 a.m. Rexburg, ID; f 5.6 1/3999 sec; Canon EOS Rebel T2i

I took these shots all in one morning. I wanted to get good lighting but I'm never out of school early enough to get any late afternoon light! Anyway, People driving by probably thought I was crazy because I was running around in the snow hunting for BLUE!
I had a really hard time trying to get a photo in Aperture Priority with the Foreground and Background in focus at the same time. My attempt is the picture of the picnic table and tree with the trees in the background in focus. I've practiced this since but I'm still struggling so Maybe some of you guys could give me some tips :)

4 comments:

  1. Great work Annie! The variety of the blue objects are a lot of fun. I especially love the first one with the clarity of the details in the paint and rust. Did you enhance it at all in Photoshop or is it straight from the camera? Either way would not surprise me, especially with a T2i! I’m a bit jealous. Keep it up Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited to see that you choose the color blue as well. I was curious to see what blue objects you found around here and was pleasantly surprised. You did a great job of having individual and unique photos. In each of the pictures the blue stood out perfectly. My favorite was the first photo, I am not sure what it was but I really liked how it was set on shallow depth of field and focused on the object. I couldn't find your information about each picture. Time, date, location, f-stop, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the variety of shots that you took and staying very well with the color blue. It looks like that you are shooting with the 2Ti if so a helpful hint is the depth of field preview button. When you are looking through the lens and press this button it will give you a preview of what kind of depth you will have. I have used it a couple of times and am still getting used to it but it is worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked you color study series. The blue popped so well in all the pictures and definitely was the main focus. the DoF in the pictures showed that you definitely understand how to use your camera and the aspects of shutter speed and aperture that we talked about in class. I really liked the moose picture, it was a fun typography and the texture added to it in a really good way.

    ReplyDelete