mariannie photoblog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Non Destructive Editing

Big Willow: Rexburg, ID 1/23/11 4:22 p.m.; f/18 1/125 sec; Canon EOS Rebel T2i
Big Willow After: Smart Filters: I paced this image in Photoshop in order for it to be a Smart Object. I did this by clicking File>Place> then selecting the image I wanted. After that I adjusted the layers (non destructively) and contrast Then I applied the smart filters. I started of by sharpening it with the Hard Light option and liked it there but wanted to a bit more to the photo. I then applied a water paper filter and adjusted it to my preference. After all of this I again adjusted my layers to get a better color.
Berries Before: 1/23/11 3:28 p.m. ; f/5.6 1/320; Canon EOS Rebel T2i Macro Setting
Berries After: I used Non destructive editing on this photo. I added a couple of different adjustment layers by clicking on the Yin-Yang button. I first changed the levels a bit and then upped the contrast. I also changed it to black and white and brought out the red in it. After that I added a mask and painted over the berries and a few other thorns to bring the red out a bit. The Blur was already there. I had a lot of fun editing this one.

2 comments:

  1. I love the berry picture. I think the effect you used was perfect. the tree picture was also really cool. You did a great job with th eadjustment layers. I LOVE the first flower picture for you flora/fauna. So good. The color and sharpness make the picture amazing. GREAT JOB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, stop being so amazing at taking pictures!! I absolutely love the tree picture! It's so much fun. Keep making us look bad, it's AWESOME! Plus, I like how your berry picture still looks normal even with your filter! very cool.

    ReplyDelete