mariannie photoblog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Flora and Fauna


1. Pokie; Rexburg, ID 1/23/11 3:23 p.m.; f/10 1/200 sec; Canon EOS Rebel T2i.
For my first Flora photo I got close up to a plant in my back yard. I had it on Macro Setting. and loved the blur I got in the background. I adjusted levels and curves in Photoshop.
1. Willow; Rexburg, ID; 1/23/11 4:23; f/4.0 1/800 sec; Canon EOS Rebel T2i
I have always loved willows. They are my favorite tree and when I saw this one covered in frost I couldn't help but pull over and take a picture. I got a lot of different angles but I liked the lines and the different perspective of this one. I adjusted the levels and added a black and white effect and brought out the blue a bit. I also brought up the contrast.



1. Horse: Rexburg, ID; 1/23/11 4:16 p.m.; f/18; 1/60 sec; Canon EOS Rebel T2i
I has a really hard time getting my fauna pictures. I couldn't get close enough to the animals finally I pulled some weeds and held my hand out to the horse and he came right over! I wish I would have thought of that a little bit earlier. I adjusted levels in photoshop.

Monkey: Rexburg, ID; 1/23/11 3:38 p.m.; f/4.0 1/60 sec; Canon EOS Rebel T2i
I found this monkey while on my search for faunas! Just for fun :) I made adjustments in photoshop to bring out the blue in his eyes and used a mask to only change the blue in his eyes and the sweatshirt.


1 comment:

  1. I liked your willow shot. It has great composition and design. First of all I like the color balance and contrast of the dark and light. Second the lines that that tree created are awesome. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete