mariannie photoblog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Old Photos











Picture 1
1. My ring
2. 06/03/2010
3. Rexburg, Id Bowling Alley
4. f/2.8
5. 0.5 sec Canon Powershot SD790 IS
6. This was the day my husband proposed to me and I couldn't help but take millions of pictures of my ring, everywhere I went including the bowling alley, I took this on top of a bowling ball and stabilized my camera as much as I could. It was on a macro setting and I was super excited about the picture. Because I felt like I was starting to learn more about my camera... and because I loved my ring :)

Picture 2
1. Dandelion
2. 07/07/2010 8:06 p.m.
3. Rexburg, Id
4. f/2.8
5. 1/60 sec Canon PowerShot SD790 IS
6. I took this photo for my Advanced Visual Media Class. We were required to include a Photo Slideshow on out Website and I didn't have very many pictures. I had just learned how to use the macro setting when I shot my ring and so I tested it out on the HUGE dandelions across from the Temple. I got as close up as the camera would let me and edited the colors just a bit to give it a cooling effect.

Picture 3
1. The City of Auburn
2. 11/08/2010 12:54 p.m.
3. Auburn, Ca
4. f/4.5
5. 1/800 sec Canon EOS Rebel T2I
6. I took this picture as my Husband and I were driving back from Idaho to California. I had it on an Action setting so I could take as many pictures possible. I just kept snapping away but then I paused fora moment and focused on the lines and placement of the photo and this is the picture of the Auburn City Hall that I liked the most.

Picture 4
1. The Color of Sharyl
2. 4/16/2010 7:10 p.m.
3. My car: El Dorado Hills, Ca
4. f/8
5. 1/60 sec Canon Powershot SD790 IS
6. This picture is from my Best friends Sharyl's Wedding. I had my bouquet in my cup holder and my squirt in the other. I thought the colors looked beautiful together :) I adjusted the levels and brought the yellow out a little bit more.

Picture 5
1. Crazy Asher
2. 8/29/2010 11:30 a.m.
3. My home Folsom, Ca
4. f/4.0
5. 1/60 sec Canon EOS Rebel T2I
6. I was testing out my portrait mode on my little cousin Asher. He was being super crazy. I didn't adjust this one at all but l loved how well the camera focused in on him and blurred out the background.

Picture 6
1. Trees in Tahoe
2. 11/08/2010 12:09 p.m.
3. Tahoe
4. f/5.6
5. 1/2000 sec Canon EOS Rebel T2I
6. I took this picture while we were flying down Donner Pass in South Tahoe. I focused in on a closer tree and it all the trees far out in the distance were so subtle that it made that tree stand out. I was surprised it focused in so well even though we were going 65 mph.

Picture 7
1. Ferris Wheel
2. 8/31/2009 10:09 p.m.
3. California State Fair: Cal Expo: Sacramento, California
4. f/9
5. 2.0 sec. - Canon Powershot SD790 IS
6. I took this with my point and shoot at a State Fair. I had just learned how to take this type of photo and I held it as still as I could While it took a picture of the Ferris Wheel.

1 comment:

  1. Your “old photos” are very vibrant, good use of color. I particularly like the close up shots of your ring and of the dandelion, way to really get up close on that flower. Getting close on a flower like that gives it a whole new feeling.

    ReplyDelete